Harbor View Motel Manager
Beaver Island, Michigan
Dec. 2, 2021
The Harbor View Motel, located on beautiful Beaver Island in Lake Michigan, is seeking an onsite Manager (partners are welcome) with a warm, welcoming smile and an eye for cleanliness and organization. Our motel features eight two-bedroom condominiums, six motel rooms, and a swimming pool. The motel is open from May 1 through Nov. 30. The manager will work from April 15 - Dec. 1. The busy season runs June, July, and August.
Beaver Island, 58 square miles in area, is the largest and only inhabited island in Lake Michigan. A two-hour ferry ride or a twenty minute flight from mainland Charlevoix is the lifeline to this unspoiled and unhurried island. Unmatched in natural beauty, it is steeped in rich Native American and Irish history. Paradise Bay, the hook shaped harbor on the north end of the island, is home to the town which consists of a ferry dock, two airports, gift shops, restaurants, pubs, groceries, marinas, churches, and museums. An old Coast Guard lighthouse still stands at Whiskey Point, the tip of this hook shaped bay.
If you enjoy working in a natural setting, being part of a dedicated team, are detail oriented and are good cleaners, this is a great opportunity to join us at Harbor View Motel!
Check out our website and the Chamber of Commerce website at beaverisland.org.
This is a live-in/on site position, which includes a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Available to work daily, including weekends and holidays.
- Serve as resident onsite manager of guest relationships and experiences including, but not limited to check-in/check-out, and special requests.
- Complete cleaning of rooms for incoming guests, managing a small cleaning staff, and inspecting rooms.
- Respond to phone calls, texts from guests and potential guest during the hours of operation.
- Maintain safe, clean and attractive grounds, along with light pool maintenance.
- Work with the Board on marketing to develop goals and initiatives aimed at increasing revenue and recognition.
- Oversee and secure personnel for maintenance and repairs.
- Requires ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs., as well as the physical exertion needed to perform housekeeping.
- Purchase supplies.
- Perform public relations activities.
- Laundry, sheets and towels.
- Ensure property rules are followed in rooms and on the grounds.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to prioritize demands of the job.
- Superior people and problem solving skills. Excellent and clear communication skills are a must.
- Computer Skills, Microsoft Office, and reservation software.
- Strong work ethic, and well groomed.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ideal applicant will have the ability to perform light repairs and maintenance.
- Social media knowledge.
Salary package includes a year-long two-bedroom apartment, all utilities, internet, Dish Network, and $18,000-$20,000 (depending on experience). Please send Resume, Cover Letter and References to Audrey Chapman at email@example.com by Friday, Jan. 14, 2022.
Harbor View is an equal opportunity employer.